Thursday, August 1, 2013

Mary's Organic Crackers




I've been transitioning to a lot more gluten-free products over the past few months. Although I am not gluten-intolerant, I do feel better when I don't eat as much wheat and other foods that contain gluten. I've also effortlessly dropped 5 pounds, nice bonus! ;<)
 
I've always been a big fan of crackers; unfortunately many of these products do contain wheat. And a lot of the new gluten-free products of this type leave much to be desired.
 
When I tried Mary's Organic Crackers, I knew I had found a winner!
 
I LOVE these crackers.
 
They have a nice crunchy texture, a nutty, pleasant taste and are good on their own or topped with peanut butter, hummus (my fav topper choice), jam or cheese.
 
 
Here's some more good news about these crackers from the Mary's Gone Crackers website:
 
We have combined organic, gluten free, whole grain brown rice, quinoa, flax seeds and sesame seeds into an organic gluten-free cracker with a rich, nutty flavor and a satisfying crunch. Delicious on their own or with your favorite topping Mary’s Original Seed Crackers are a staple in
households all over the US!
  • Organic
  • non-GMO
  • Vegan
  • Dairy Free
  • Wheat Free
  • Gluten Free
  • Whole Grain
  • Kosher
  • No hydrogenated oils
  • No trans-fats
  • Made With Love
Contains 450 mg. of omega-3 fatty acids per 1oz serving.
Manufactured in our own dedicated gluten free, dairy free, nut free facility. Made in the USA
 
 
That's my kind of list!
 
Mary's Organic Crackers also come in: Onion, Caraway, Black Pepper and Herb flavors. I've only tried the Original so far but I'm looking forward to giving these others a try soon.
 
Mary's Gone Crackers (how's that for a catchy company name!) produce a variety of other products including gluten-free cookies and pretzels. Check out their complete product line, company history and product standards information at their attractive website.
 
My only suggestion to the company would be to find a better way to package this product to avoid breakage. It happens with most crackers and these were no exception. Several "casualties" at the bottom of the box that were broken. But I did use them crushed up for a crumb topping on a casserole recently, so at least not wasted!
 
 
Overall rating for this product: Very Good. 4 out of 5.
 

15 comments:

  1. hey you...its august 1st...smiles.
    saw you over at L's

    how was the break?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey back to you Brian, it's good to be back! My blog break was very productive, in spite of some brutally hot weather here in BC. Hope you're having a great summer!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you're back blogging now Geraldine :) these crackers look tasty!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really tasty and quite different from most conventional brands. Very crunchy and nutty, kind of addictive in a good way. :)

      Delete
  3. Excellent review. I like these crackers too but it's true, the packaging could use an upgrade. Maybe like Pringle's chips?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree re: the packaging. It's a shame to have any product broken into pieces and with crackers, that's usually the norm. Hopefully they'll work on that.

      Delete
  4. oh I see it I buy it, but it's rare that Ifind items of the sort without some broken , who knows maybe they'll find a better packaging technique, so nice to have you back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to be back! :<) I think most cracker brands could use a pkg. redo. ;<) Let me know if you give these a try L.

      Delete
  5. I'll look in my SOL store organic and nothing but....if I suddenly disappear just so you know this old laptop is beginning to act wonky and I smell a little smoke and I don't how much longer it will last, and as soon as I can hopefully next month or the one after, I'll be back, if I'm not visiting it's because the laptop died on me, again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'd definitely stay off that computer if it's smoking!! Do you have access to a public computer you can use in a pinch? I use the printer over at our local library sometimes, with the public computers, if I run out of ink here at home. It works out ok. Not ideal but just a thought until you get a new computer up and running. Hope you can find a new one soon. Take care L, hugs, G

      Delete
  6. Welcome back, hope that you had a great break. I do love those crackers..and I think they are at Costco...I love them, but find them kind of expensive to buy in the stores.

    Maybe one day I will try to make some from scratch.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen, good to BE back! ;<) These crackers have a unique taste and texture, I really like them topped with hummus most of all, peanut butter a close second. I don't think I'd have the patience to make something similar from scratch. LOL

      Delete
  7. Thank You for visiting! You are welcome anytime :-)

    I love your reviews. I'll be back.


    ALOHA from Honolulu
    Comfort Spiral
    ~ > < } } ( ° > <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to cyber visit Hawaii via your blog Cloudia, you take such fab pics. And you are most welcome here too! Glad you're enjoying my reviews. I have a new one coming up later today!

      Delete

Thank you for your visits and feedback! :<)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...