Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Clorox Green Works Dish Soap

In my continued efforts to switch over to more earth-friendly products, I recently gave Green Works Dish Soap a try.

 I had used some of the other Green Works products previously, the laundry detergent and one of the spray surface cleaners. Both of these worked well. I can't say the same for the Green Works Dish Soap.

First of all, it takes too much product to achieve any kind of suds, when washing dishes. It doesn't cut grease very well either. And the "fragrance" of this product (which seems to linger on some dish surfaces after they are thoroughly rinsed) is not the best. A chemical smell instead of no smell at all. In my opinion, when dishes are rinsed, there shouldn't be any lingering scent of any type, pleasant or otherwise. You can read more about Green Works Dish Soap here.

I'm still looking for a good green dish soap. I've tried a couple of other products in addition to Green Works. Again, the cleaning was just not up to par.

I'll let you know if I find any green dish soaps that I think are better than Green Works in the future. If you have any suggestions, do leave a comment and share!

Overall rating for this product: Unsatisfactory. 1 out of 5.

6 comments:

  1. I have tried a few green cleansers that I have found wanting. I am still looking, too. With regard to cleaning in other parts of the house, I do find baking soda is yer man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been using Method lavender all purpose spray cleanser for bathroom cleaning. I wonder if they have a dish soap? I usually use Sunlight, soy extract dish soap, as it seems to be good for my hands and washes up pretty good.

    When I read the label for ingredients on my Method spray cleaner I notice there are corn based ingredients, and my understanding is that is not so good, because the famers are growing too much corn to sell for industry needs, rather than wheat, and other food grains, which the world needs for people to eat. What are your thoughts, about this?

    Years ago, I did use baking soad, and have also used vinegar. Have you had luck with these?

    I have a sweet book passed down to me by my aunt called "Home Made- 200 Creative Concoctions and Practical Potions for Crafts, Beauty Aids...", by Alexa Lett, 2001. She has some recipes using items we usually have in the kitchen for cleaning, etc., you may find interesting. (I haven't tried any other than a drain cleaner, which wasn't really effective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the US, corn is a government subsidised crop. The crop is subsidized so heavily that it sells below the cost of production. You can read more in this article.

    Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/027606_corn_subsidies_HFCS.html#ixzz1N81nEbSI

    What's worse? Corn or cleaners made from petroleum (a non renewable resource)?

    I am a product junkie and have tried everything available on the free market.

    The absolute best green dishwash is made by a company called Shaklee. It's their Get Clean dishwash. Everything else I tried didn't cut it but this works very well and smells very nice (no lingering smells).

    Good luck on your quest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi SandyC, I don't think you can beat white vinegar and baking soda for so many cleaning jobs around the house, either on their own or combined. For dishes though, not workable.

    Hi Brenda, Thanks for this info.As I said above, baking soda and vinegar are great for a lot of cleaning jobs but for dishes, well that's another story. We've used BioLife from Shoppers lately and it's worked very well. You might give that one a try Brenda. The book sounds interesting!

    Hi TP, Thanks for this info. re: growing corn.I've heard of Shaklee products but haven't used any. This dishsoap sounds great. Thanks for the heads-up on this.

    Happy Week, G

    ReplyDelete
  5. Old thread but. . I'm super happy with my Seventh Generation dish soap, it's awesome. Just bought the clorox green works b/c they didn't have 7th generation at walmart. bummer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sarah, I'm not a fan of SG products. If you read my review of their dishwashing liquid, you might change your mind about using their products:

    http://www.myreallifereviews.com/2011/12/seventh-generation-dishwashing-liquid.html

    there are much better options out there now, including: Mountain Green and Nature Clean, both reviewed here too.

    Thanks for your comment. G

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visits and feedback! :<)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...