Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Neal Brothers Organic Cheese Twists


 


My name is Geraldine and I am a cheesie addict! ;<)


 In spite of ongoing efforts to remove as much junk food as possible from my diet, especially in recent years; sometimes...well sometimes I've still gotta have a bag of cheesie-type snacks to satisfy that particular food craving.

Can you relate?
 
I've tried a few healthier versions of cheesies over the years and most of them fell well short of the mark, in comparison to mainstream cheesie brands like Cheetos and Hawkins.

Usually these "cheesie-wannabes"  had blah, ho- hum  flavours and weird textures (and that is definitely a big part of cheesie appeal) that brought pipe cleaners or packing pellets to mind!
 
 Happily, that has changed, now that I've discovered:

 Neal Brothers Organic Cheese Twists.
 

These snacks rock!
 
The Neal Brothers (based in Ontario) did their homework when it came to creating a cheesie-type snack that was not only a healthier choice but with all the flavour and just right texture, that cheesie-addicts like me have come to expect.
 
Neil Brothers Organic Cheese Twists are definitely cheesy and with a crisp, crunchy texture that is  satisfying to the palette. No pipe cleaner reminders here!
 
 
And with an ingredient list that is healthier and less guilt-provoking than those mainstream brands.
  

INGREDIENTS:

ORGANIC CORNMEAL, ORGANIC SUNFLOWER OIL, ORGANIC RICE MEAL, ORGANIC CHEDDAR CHEESE, [(CULTURED PASTEURIZED ORGANIC MILK, SALT, MICROBIAL ENZYMES), ORGANIC WHEY POWDER, LACTIC ACID, DISODIUM PHOSPHATE, ANNETTO, NATURAL FLAVOR (STARTER DISTILLATE), ENZYMES], ORGANIC WHEY POWDER, SALT.
 
 
A 113 gram bag provides 2 generous servings (they are light in weight) and one serving contains only 240 calories. Gluten-free too.

***


And by way of comparison,  here's the scoop on Cheetos brand:



I know which one I'd rather be eating.

And without any sacrifice when it comes to crunchy snacking satisfaction!


I've also tried Neal Brothers White Cheddar Popcorn, and again this is another winner:
 
 
 
 


As I've mentioned above, this company is based in Ontario but I was able to buy their products at our local food co-op, here in BC, so hopefully their distribution is continuing to expand. No mention on their site of US distribution, but hopefully that will follow too.

This really is a snack company that has a lot to offer. They also carry other products including: pretzels, salsas, dressings, tortillas...stop by their attractive website to check out all their products and to read more about the brothers behind the brand!


Overall rating for this product: Very Good. 4 out of 5.
 

8 comments:

  1. nice...we are always looking for healthy alternatives....we like the veggie sticks as well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like veggie sticks too Brian but sometimes it's just got to be CHEESIES!!! :<)

      Delete
  2. Excellent review. These snacks are a better choice, if you like cheesies and they still taste great. I actually prefer them to the junkier brands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah that's me, I'M going today to the Health food store might sneak one in if I have enough money, love it

    G Are you pregnant? Are you preparing Christmas artwork?do you have skin tags????????????????????I hate it when they go Anonymous on me or anyone else and that's gross

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll love them L!

      Yeah, what's with all the spam lately? I think they are getting more aggressive lately, spreading this junk around. Just got to keep pushing that delete button. ;<)

      Delete
  4. These look really good and I would love to try them sometime. Have a wonderful day Geraldine!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are SO good Keith. I hope they continue to expand their distribution, this is a superior snack! :<)

      Delete

Thank you for your visits and feedback! :<)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...