Saturday, November 12, 2011

Bissell 3106A Featherweight Lightweight Vacuum

When you are a multiple pet owner as I was for many, many years (4 cats aka "the herd)  you are always on the look-out for tools to help keep the "fur-factor" in check and to make the job as quick and easy as possible. 
 I was so pleased to recently note over at Amazon that the Bissell Featherweight Lightweight Vacuum is still available. This is by far the best small stick/hand vacuum that I have ever used!

I had this vacuum for over 4 years before it finally gave out. I used it almost every day, picking up a LOT of cat hair with the stick attachment and also as a handvac. Nothing seemed to faze this little "gem". Litter, dried mud, every day "dirt" and most of all, FUR!!! Visitors to my home at the time were always amazed how "immaculate"( a word I heard many times) everything was, considering the 4 cats in residence. This vacuum was definitely a big part of why my house was always looking clean and fresh and virtually "fur-free"!

I've always been a fan of Bissell products. Have used their carpet steamers and several of their vacuums for a lot of years. This stick vac is at the top of that list and is nothing short of amazing! I've also tried other small hand/stick vacs over the years (some that I received as gifts) made by other companies and they never worked as well. The Bissell Featherweight Lightweight Vacuum is durable, powerful and so reasonably priced.

In addition to cleaning really well this vacuum is easy to convert to the hand vac mode, without any straining. Again, I've used similar products that took "brute strength" to attach and also remove the stick and lower floor bar, when wanting to use as a hand vac. That being said, when the product is being used as a stick vac, all the parts stay together as they should.



Over and over over at Amazon, users of this vac mention how well it works with cat and dog hair. I couldn't agree more! For me, that's the feature that stands out most of all and sets this vacuum apart from similar products on the market.

It's all well and good to have a small, lightweight vacuum that will pick up a few crumbs around the kitchen and work well only on bare floors. It's quite another to find one like the Bissell Featherweight Lightweight Vacuum that can tackle pet hair with ease and as I found, almost as well on carpets too.

This vacuum comes with a dirt "cup" that should be emptied after every use. The filter also works better if it's cleaned on a regular basis but no biggie in terms of cleaning that part either.

The Bissell Featherweight Lightweight Vacuum is a great product for this type of small, lightweight vacuum. Available at Amazon for less than $25 (and eligible for free shipping too)! Talk about a bargain! I'm not sure about other retailers still selling this particular model so I was glad to see it's still for sale online.

If you have been looking for a smaller stick/hand vacuum cleaner to use between major clean-ups, check out the Bissell Featherweight Lightweight Vacuum. If you're a pet-owner too, definitely the one to buy!

Overall rating for this product: Excellent. 5 out of 5.

17 comments:

  1. This vacuum would be a definite plus, Geraldine.
    I know that my heavy weight vacuum didn't always do so well with the pet hair, when we had three pets. I often also went over the carpet with a brush. It's great to hear of a good product like this.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need this very badly!!!!
    Jake and Smokey leave a lot of hair in the house!
    Thanks for the great review, G.

    Have a great weekend!

    Hugs
    Margie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a wonderful vacuum. Lightweight is everything, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea of it being lightweight. Glad to hear that it works well, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This vacuum really performs well. Especially with fur and hair and that's a challenge for so many similar products that don't get the job done. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Brenda, If you have to go afterwards with a lint brush etc, after the vacuum, then the vacuum just isn't doing enough, in my opinion. And as all the pet-owners know, the fur can get everywhere. It really is a Godsend to have a good vacuum to do the job the first time!

    Hi Margie, It's a great time to buy this over at Amazon. I was amazed that they still offer free shipping for larger items (not just books) and only 25. required for the total order to qualify! Let me know if you give this one a try!

    Hi SandyC, Lightweight but still with lots of "get up and go" LOL.

    Hi SandyL, It really does.

    Hi Joe, Fur and hair are the biggies when it comes to picking it ALL up, I agree. It was easy to write a very positive review about this excellent and economical vacuum. Well worth every penny!

    Happy Week, G :<)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This G., sounds fantastic, excellent product, snif snif no credit cards forme for 7 years sigh, i"m glad you have one at least since you have one more cat than i, still sniff

    ReplyDelete
  8. good to know, thank you. It does cost more now, but still available and reasonable. Do you think this would be good for a little cabin? I stay at a friends cabin at times and wish i could vacuum when i leave. It is all wood flooring. No animals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it would be the best for mainly bare floors, probably something like a non chemical Swiffer would be my first choice in this case. Sorry for the Lon delay in answering. I just noted you ?? here today.

      Delete
    2. That should be long delay.😂

      Delete
  9. This vacuum was definitely a big part of why my house was always looking clean and fresh and virtually "fur-free"! smartvacuums.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for information. A good vacuum cleaner! I will useit right now. James A. Golla

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the valuable info. Actually I was looking for vacuum. But couldn't decide which one will be perfect for me. And then your post helped me to select the proper one. Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is Bissell 3106A Featherweight Lightweight Vacuum suitable for pet hair remove or pet dust remover?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It works quite well with pet hair. Much better than a lot of vacuums at a higher price point. But it really depends on how often you vacuum and how much hair you have to deal with. As an owner of 4 cats for many years I vacuumed every day and that helped a lot.😽

      Delete
  13. Some of the well known retailers of home machines incorporate The Home Depot, Best Buy and Lowe's. Despite the fact that those retailers have conventional stores where clients can purchase home apparatuses, the stores additionally offer an extensive variety of machines available to be purchased on-line too. besthomegardentools.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visits and feedback! :<)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...