Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Nature Clean Natural Liquid Hand Soap

 
I like the convenience of liquid hand soap for washing my hands. I also like products that are unscented and not full of unnecessary or harmful ingredients.
 
I recently tried Nature Clean Natural Liquid Hand Soap (unscented) and I'm pleased with how it performs.
 
This soap cleans very well and a little goes a long way. I give the bottle one pump and that's plenty for washing my hands.
 
And the pump works great, not one that you have to "fight with" to get the soap out or one that sprays the walls! ;<) Have you had that kind of soap experience?
 
NO scent, love that but it also comes in 2 fragrance choices: Citrus and Peppermint. These sound rather nice, if I did like fragranced soaps. ;<)
 
 
The ingredient list for Nature Clean Liquid Hand Soap (unscented) :
 
 WATER, POTASSIUM OLEATE (NATURAL COCONUT CLEANSER), GLYCERIN (VEGETABLE SOURCE) AND SODIUM CHLORIDE (SALT).
 
Can't get much simpler than that!
  
***
 
Compare that with :
 
Softsoap Liquid Hand Soap Advanced Benefits Collection
Energizing Pomegranate & Mango
 
                             Energizing Pomegranate & Mango                   
 
  • Water
  • Sodium Laureth Sulfate
  • Acrylates Copolymer
  • Cocamidopropyl Betaine
  • Methyl Gluceth-10
  • PPG-10 Methyl Glucose Ether
  • Fragrance
  • Sodium Hydroxide
  • DMDM Hydantoin
  • Zea Mays (Corn) Oil
  • Butyrosprmum Parkii (Shea Butter)
  • Tetrasodium EDTA
  • Gelatin
  • Acacia Senegal Gum
  • Mica
  • Sodium Chloride
  • Xanthan Gum
  • Punica Granatam (Pomegranate) Fruit Extract
  • Mangifera Indica (Mango) Fruit Extract
  • Benzophenone-4
  • Citric Acid
  • Titanium Dioxide
  • FD&C Red No.4
  • D&C Red No. 33
  • FD&C Blue No. 1 
 
*** 
 
Yikes, I know which one I'm buying!!!
 
 
And did you know that many of the mainstream liquid soaps are also anti-bacterial? Read here why that can definitely not be a good idea, for regular use. What we use on our skin is ingested into our bodies and does have consequences for our long-term health.
 
I've always been careful to choose liquid and bar soaps that are not anti-bacterial, for these same reasons but it seems that a lot of the mainstream brands are anti-bacterial. For some consumers that might not be something that they've looked into, before purchasing these kinds of products. Again, buyer beware.
 
Nature Clean Natural Liquid Hand Soap comes in a generous 16.8 oz. US/ 16 oz. Canada  bottle and is priced at about $6 at the places I checked online, including Amazon. It's also available in a large 3L refill size.
 
And it's biodegradable, eco-friendly and not tested on animals.
 
 
The only (two) things that would make this product even better would be to have one with a moisturizing formula and if possible organic too. I wash my hands many times throughout the day and adding a moisturizing ingredient to this liquid soap would be great. I'd be willing to spend a few extra dollars for organic too!  
 
 
If you're looking for a reasonably priced alternative to the mainstream, chemically-laden liquid soaps that are available, you might want to give  Nature Clean Liquid Hand Soap a try. Sometimes, simple is best!
 
Overall rating for this product: Very Good. 4 out of 5.
 
 

22 comments:

  1. Great review. This is one of the better choices for hand soaps I've tried and it does work well. And comparing the ingredient lists in your review is a real eye opener.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ingredient lists tell it all, don't they? I cringe to think of buying Softsoap years ago, but I did. I'm so glad that the ingredients are being put on labels or at least online now, so that we can be informed about what's actually in these products. It's no wonder so many people have serious illnesses, after ingesting so many chemicals, from so many sources, year after year. It does add up and it does have it's consequences. :<(

      Delete
  2. Gosh, I'll have to check my liquid soap in case it falls into the wrong category.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a very good idea Val. And if you're looking for an alternative, Nature Clean is definitely one to consider. :<)

      Delete
  3. oh wonderful that damn 'Laureth Sulfate' is in everything, I love this review and I know what you mean about trying to push it to the limit atta gilr 5 stars for you.......if there were stars to be given, from 1 to 5

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's in so many things still L but look at the rest of that Softsoap list, I picked out several known carcinogens. How do these companies get away with this, especially now when the dangers are well documented.

      Delete
  4. I should get this - my soap always dries out my hands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you give this product a try keith. It's not a moisturizing formula but it certainly is better than the mainstream products. I like how it leaves my hands feeling really clean with only one small pump of the soap. :<)

      Delete
  5. ah peppermint soap sounds like an interesting try...sounds like a cool soap to me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love peppermint too Brian. Let me know if you try that one, I'd be curious to know how strong the scent is. :<)

      Delete
  6. I'm veering away from most commercial soaps and shampoos also in favour of ones like you featured. I am noticing that these days, you have to search very carefully on the soap labels to make sure it's not anti-bacterial. They hide that detail in small print now as opposed to when it was actually in demand. I've bought unintentionally a few times.

    Thanks always for stopping by my blog. The lady to whom you referenced was not my mother. Moannie was a sweet blogger in the U.K. I read her blog from pretty early on in my own blogging days. I felt she deserved a place of honour on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree about researching labels, ingredients carefully Hilary. Some companies are getting rather "creative" when it comes to listing what's actually in an ingredient. I find checking online is usually more detailed and accurate.

      Thanks for sharing about Moannie, what a lovely pic that was. I'm sure she is smiling thanks to your lovely remembrance.

      Delete
  7. I think that scentless liquid soaps are much better and they don't make a mess or irritate the skin.
    Nothing worse than struggling to get the pump to work though.
    Maggie x

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was worth mentioning the pump on this product as this is a "peeve" I have about some soaps I've tried that are a real pain to even get them out of the bottle. No problem with NC!

      Delete
  8. I followed some of your advice about vacuum cleaners, the Bissel and it is wonderful of course I had to stop to empty to container every few minutes considering i have three cats, and this apt has been neglected for 12 years...heavy duty for such a small thing, thank you so much, now whenever I'm about to spend money on some necessity I do a search here first , to see if it's worth buying, what else can i say but thank you xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh what a nice comment, thanks so much Lorraine. I'm so glad to help and comments like yours make it worthwhile to keep writing reviews and doing all the research, emails...that go along with it. Hugs to you friend. :<)

      Delete
  9. PS: I'm working on a Spring contest post, coming up first week in April so stay tuned. It's going to be a good one!

    I thought it was overdue to have a new contest here at My Real Life Reviews! See you soon! :<)

    Happy Wednesday, G

    ReplyDelete
  10. :( darn Quebec, still I wish I could pay you for every advice I take and maybe one day i will do it, you deserve it. The other dau i won a brand new TV huge, a Canadian, until they found out Ilived in Quebec, I can never ever win

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your kind words are a valued form of "payment" L, no $$ required. ;<) I'm sorry about the TV though. Quebec govt. needs to take a serious look at their contest laws. They make no sense at all.

      Delete
  11. Geraldine I hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And to you Keith and all my readers:

      WISHING YOU A SAFE AND HAPPY EASTER! :<)

      Delete
  12. Happy Easter, I forgot that today was GoodFriday where everything is closed, yesterday Ineeded something the oil changed on my car and by the time it was ready I was too sick to go shopping (flue-like) symptoms...so darn no food today, well no good food today, luckily I have crackers and I think white rice

    Oh and by the way, your new photo, you LOOK SMASHING and younger...good for you!

    oh and ps one neighbour of mine who occasionally visits she's nice so I don't throw her out, noticed and told me wow do your carpets ever look clean, I said yes I have my personal Reviewer and Coach ....which is totally true!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visits and feedback! :<)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...