Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Just Pure Minerals Vegan Lipstick




I have finally hit gold when it comes to finding a really great lipstick that is made from natural ingredients and is vegan too! Just Pure Minerals  sells the best of the best, in my opinion when it comes to a natural and vegan lipstick that actually "walks the talk".

I've checked out dozens of products/websites over the past couple of years and tried several so-called "natural" lipsticks. For one reason or another, none of these brands met my expectations.

Sometimes the textures were not actually what I would consider a lipstick, more like colored lip gloss. And speaking of colors, there are some really strange ones out there (whatever floats your boat I guess) all the way from the darkest brown to an almost colorless pink. I don't want to look like I've got chocolate icing on my lips or that I'm not breathing any more, thanks all the same! I thought lipsticks were meant to make you look better LOL.

 And last but certainly not least, the ingredients. For example, I guess you could call carmine (click this link for more information) a natural ingredient if you want to stretch that definition a bit but do you really want to have a dye made from dried up dead bugs smeared on your lips??? I don't.

Read the fine print, that is if you can find it. Remember, if they don't want to share the ingredient lists up front with the products, there is usually a very good reason why. Even some of the very popular "natural" lipsticks out there in the mainstream marketplace use a lot of questionable ingredients including carmine that I just don't think belong in a product that is called natural.


From the Pure Minerals website at Etsy:

"Our Cerise lipstick is a smooth, vibrant shade of raspberry. Our lipsticks are handcrafted in small batches and with all natural ingredients! The cleanest, safest, prettiest lipstick for those who love lipstick. A simple healthy formula of vegetable waxes, oils, and mineral pigments that go on creamy and last. Just Pure minerals lipsticks moisturize your lips just like a lip balm. No synthetic dyes or fragrances, no animal by-products, parabens, or other nasties you don't need or want on your lips all day! Just Pure Minerals. Purely beautiful, Beautifully pure. "


I have tried several of the shades of Just Pure Minerals lipstick and the Cerise (as described above) one of the newer shades offered there is my absolute favorite. A lovely, medium raspberry shade. Not over the top but with some ooomph to it at the same time. A beautiful soft texture too but one that still stays on the lips. A pleasant light fragrance. And best of all, ingredients that you don't make you cringe when you read them.

Did you know that over a lifetime, most women ingest POUNDS of lipstick? I think back to some of the junk I've consumed in that respect over the years and that is something that makes me cringe!

The price for Just Pure Minerals lipsticks are very reasonable too. A full size lipstick is only $9.00. Compare that to others on the market that can go as high as $35-40 a tube. This is a real bargain!

Just Pure Minerals also sells a  wide variety of mineral foundations, concealers,blushes, lip gloss...and the customer service is excellent. Very personalised assistance in my experience. Above and beyond to insure that customers are truly pleased with their purchases. Definitely worth a visit. And if you've also been searching for that elusive natural lipstick that you will want to purchase again and again, maybe your search is finally over. I know mine is!

 


Overall rating for this product: Excellent. 5 out of 5.

12 comments:

  1. Wonderful!
    I shall try this lipstick!
    Thanks for the great review G.

    Hugs and may today bring you much joy!

    Margie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not even surprised you found this. Sounds perfect.
    I haven't worn lipstick since I was 18 so I won't start now. Lol. But I willmpass the info to those that do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope I can get it in Australia because it really appeals to me and I am a big lipstick wearer. I may not have a diamond ring but I do have lipstick for every occasion. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a lipstick brand I would try though I always have trouble picking the right shade.

    thanks for the review. have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Margie, I think you'll really like this product. And there are a lot of shades to chose from on the website. Cerise is my fav though!
    A wonderful day back to you, thank you!

    Hi Teri, Wow, no lipstick! But thanks for passing this post along to the lipstick wearers in your life. I think they will appreciate the info.

    Hi Selma, I would stop in at the website and send a email to Jo. I don't know about overseas shipping for this shop but in my experience it's often the same as when I send things to US, go figure eh? If you wear a lot of lipstick you will love Pure Minerals. Lots of shades to pick from too.

    Hi Lissa, Me too. I'm always glad when I find a shade I really like and now I have. And all the other good things about this lipstick are great too.

    Happy Week to all of you, G :<)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there- it's me, Jo, from Just Pure Minerals! Geraldine wrote and told me there were a couple questions she wasn't sure about, so I'll see if I can answer...

    I have lots of Australian customers, bless 'em. It's just $2 extra to ship a lipstick there compared to in the States.

    ALSO, if you have trouble finding a lipstick shade that works for you, (and who doesn't??) I have just started doing lipstick samples. I already had lipgloss samples for $1, and now I'm doing the same for lipsticks. I'm pouring the lipstick into little sample pots, so you'll need to use a brush or your finger, but it's an inexpensive way to try out a lot of different colors. (There should be enough lipstick in the sample to be able to wear for a week or so. That will give you an opportunity to see yourself in it in every available lighting to decide if you reeeeeally like it.) :)

    These are not listed yet- they will be sometime this week- but until then, people can order a lip gloss sample, but choose lipstick shades in the notes.

    Geraldine didn't mention it, but she was the inspiration for the Cerise shade... Thank you G. It's now a favorite of mine.

    Thanks! Have a terrific week!
    :-) Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for these answers Jo.

    I think that samples are a great idea. I know that I've spent a lot of money over the years, trying lipsticks in full size tubes that I ended up not happy with. I'm very happy that I've now found a lipstick brand that I can go back to again and again. And I do plan to try some of your other new shades in the future. I'm so glad I was helpful in creating this gorgeous Cerise color. I wanted a raspberry pink and you certainly delivered!

    The shipping charges are certainly reasonable too. Even with those added on, your lipsticks are still much lower in price than most of the natural leading brands that are available elsewhere.

    Cheers, G :<)

    ReplyDelete
  8. this sounds like a wonderful company and product. Awesome that people are making things like this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like some good stuff. I might give it a try and see what it's like to be a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Let's try this again.

    Hi Tammie, I know you love Etsy too. And I agree, this is awesome.

    Hi Sandy, You are making me LOL my friend. Go ahead, try a lipstick, you'll like it. These are a wonderful choice!

    Happy Week, G :<)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wear Just Pure Minerals almost exclusively. Jo is amazing and so are her products!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Kayse and yes, Jo does a great job, I agree.

      Delete

Thank you for your visits and feedback! :<)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...