Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Green Beaver Natural Toothpaste




Have you checked the ingredient list on a tube of toothpaste lately? 


The manufacturers don't seem to want to list them online  (I wonder why!!!) I checked several popular brands. I did find this interesting article with an overview  about commercial toothpastes that you might want to check out. I wasn't surprised by what this article had to say.

I've been trying/buying several of the more natural toothpastes available for several years ago. So far, the best by far has been from the Green Beaver Company, located in Ontario Canada. They also offer a wide range of other natural, personal care products for children and adults. Stop by their website it's a fun and very colorful browse! Informative too.

Also from their website about this product:

Quick Overview:
 Available in 5 different Flavours Frosty mint, Green apple, Zesty orange, Cilantro mint, Star Anise
- Vegan, biodegradable, gluten free, nut free
- Star anis toothpaste is mint free thus homeopathic friendly
- Can be safely used by children
- Green apple and Zesty orange toothpastes are kids favourites

Ingredients:
Calcium carbonate, sorbitol, aqua, glycerin, sodium bicarbonate, aroma, illicium verum (anise) oil, xylitol, silica, citrus medica limonum (lemon) extract, calcium ascorbate, melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) oil, sclerotium gum, coco glucoside, xanthan gum.

 Many of the Green Beaver products are also available at Amazon, including their various flavours of toothpaste. 

And what a great toothpaste this is! The Star Anise flavour is absolutely yummy. Another plus I've noted with this toothpaste, it actually does improve the whiteness of your teeth, without harsh ingredients used in some of the whitening toothpastes on the market. 

If you are looking for a more natural choice when it comes to your toothpaste, Green Beaver brand is definitely one to try. I'm a big fan of the Star Anise flavour but the others are pleasant too. Happy Brushing!

Overall rating for this product: Very Good. 4 out of 5.

12 comments:

  1. This toothpaste seems very enticing. Recently, I read a lot of good feedback about natural toothpaste. I think that this kind of toothpaste must be used to prevent decays and caries. Xylitol is one of the best ingredients that surely made this an effective oral product.

    Fredericksburg Dentist

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a unique product and is quite interesting. Although I'm not used to this toothpaste brand, it has stirred my interest to try it. I have to ask my Fullerton dentist's opinion though before I buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It depends on your preferred product. Choose the toothpaste that keeps your dental health.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This product is interesting because of it's packaging. I think I would have to try it because it looks promising.

    teeth whitening Beverly Hills

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Billy, I've tried several brands of natural toothpaste and i always come back to Green Beaver. I like everything about this product.

    Hi Maia, Hopefully there are dentists who are starting to recommend more natural formula toothpastes to their patients. A look at the ingredient list of regular mainstream brands was enough to change my mind forever. A chemical nightmare in more of them! Do a search online for brands like Crest, Colgate...and see what you are brushing with. Thank goodness for ingredient lists and having better choices now.

    Hi MB dentist, Thanks for your feedback. Yes, personal preference but hopefully an informed choice too.

    Hi Daniel, The packaging is eye-catching but it's the product that really makes the difference. I hope you will check it out.

    Thanks for your comments, most appreciated, G

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi. Honestly, this is my first time to hear about Green Beaver. I would love to try this product. It seems very compelling. Giving it a score of 4 out 5 means that this product is indeed a must try toothpaste.


    Ronald Receveur Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've tried this toothpaste once when I was on my friend's house and I instantly loved the taste. Although I want to buy it, I'll ask my Las Vegas dentist if he'll advise me to use this because I have very sensitive teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is good for children. The variety in flavors can be fun. And it is good that it has a nice taste. Sydney City Dentist

    ReplyDelete
  9. Organic products have a lot of advantages. Ask a mt pleasant dentist as well when it comes to dental health.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Knowledge giving Article! I appreciate you. I completely agree with you. If we talk about current scenario then it is must be update. I enjoyed reading. I would like to visit more for more queries.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What mouthwash is best for halitosis? I know it doesn't cure it, but I'm getting treatment for bad gum disease and need a way to control the halitosis until my mouth is healthy again. I'm looking for a mouthwash that will last more than an hour.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Having read several articles on the type of fluoride being used in our water systems and toothpaste ( not the natural kind, but a by-product of industrial waste), I threw out all my current toothpastes. I went to the grocery store and could not find a toothpaste WITHOUT fluoride! I found Green Beaver mint toothpaste at the local health food store. It tastes great and I feel better using it than the fluoride varieties.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visits and feedback! :<)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...