Tuesday, April 19, 2011

PhotoScape V. 3.5

I've tried quite a few free photo-editing software programs over the years and I have yet to find any that I like better than PhotoScape 3.5.

This is user-friendly software at it's best. I am not a techie person by nature! When the instructions get too complicated, boring or technical, I tend lose interest fast and eventually give up on a project. Needless to say, this can be frustrating.

In the past, I've tried the free versions of: Adobe Photoshop, Picasa, Windows Live Photo Gallery, Flickr to name a few. My needs were simple.

Easy ways to organize photos into folders, editing capabilities that included cropping, red eye removal, tweaking colors a bit when necessary and if possible, some of the 'fun stuff' like the ability to make easy collages, photo headers, banners etc. With PhotoScape you get all this and a whole lot more.

This archive article at About.com  re: PhotoScape explains some of it's main features in more detail and also includes (the best part) a long list of mainly happy PhotoScape users who have commented on their experiences with this software.

                              
Here are a couple of recent collages I made (in a matter of minutes) with PhotoScape:
                        

                                                       

                                

And some fun I had with a Mr. Cheddar photo:
                                   


For the Ched photo, it was easy to fill in the background to accomodate the text cloud (which btw is over-the top on purpose!) and there are many, many other fun add-ons to jazz up photos in fun or more formal ways.

I also appreciate that this is a full-version of this software and not a limited trial version with endless requests to buy, buy, buy after the fact. No pop-ups or email spam either.

A very easy to navigate and understand menu too:



If you are techie-challenged (like I am but getting better) or maybe just looking for an easy way to work with and organize your photos without a hefty price tag attached, PhotoScape is definitely worth a try. 

 If you do, let me know how it goes!


Overall rating for this product/service: Excellent. 5 out of 5.

6 comments:

  1. It does look good, and I see it for macs, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know much about photo software but I do like how these collages turned out. It looks like a fun program to try. Maybe I will in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting. I have used Picasa and like it okay. Then I got a Mac laptop so I use Iphoto. I like it but I wanted to put my '©all rights reserved' on my art and iphoto can't do it. So I bought Photoshop Elements and am still struggling with it but I like it.

    I looked at photoscape but it doesn't support Mac so I am back to photoshop.

    Wonderful post for those that are looking for a photo editing program.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandy, You do some amazing collages, I was wondering if you'd checked out Photoscape.

    Hi Joe, Thanks, it was a lot of fun.

    Hi Teri, I've used Picassa too. I'm not sure about the Mac use but see Sandy's comment above. I'm wondering what the answer is? Maybe they've added that option recently.

    Thanks for this additional information. G

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it - ive used it since 2009 and as it upgraded it offered a little bit more to do and closer to Photoshop.

    Im not great with technology but this is so easy to use, i only wish there was a printable users guide but we cant have everything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use it all the time, the best editor I have used the only grizzle I have is the clone tool, then that is probably my own inexperience. I do have a problem, after editing a photo and saving in my pictures, when going to put on a web page it selects an unedited version, Of course that is probably a windows 7 issue, or my finger trouble.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visits and feedback! :<)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...