Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Embraced by the Light by Betty J. Eadie




I was browsing over at Amazon the other day and happend to click my way to the product page for Embraced by the Light by Betty J. Eadie. I had written a review of this book at my poetry blog, a couple of years ago. You can read that post at My Poetic Path: Embraced by the Light.

What surprised me when I checked out this book again was the fact that it is still a very popular book (first published in 1994) and continues to be either "loved" or "highly suspect" when it comes to many readers/reviewers. At least that's seems to be the case, based on the 200 + reviews at Amazon. And some of those reviews written as recently as a few days ago, I noted.

I can't really add anything to what I've already written here in my previous review of this book. I still think it's "hogwash" of the very worst kind. And I still find it hard to believe that anyone would find the author of this book credible, after reading this book. And if they also researched the author's bio in more detail as I did at the time.

If you've already read this book, I'd be curious to know your opinion of it? Did it ring true in your opinion? Or did you also share my opinion that it was a work of fiction being touted as a near-death, true experience, by this author? And a very lucrative experience $$$- wise too.


Overall rating for this book: BAD. 0 out of 5.

8 comments:

  1. I have seen it, but it is not my kind of book.Agree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read it when it first was popular and thought it was great. But I was in my early 20s and quite naive. Now I wouldn't waste my time turning the pages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok so putting this one on the avoid list....smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi SandyL, I love this kind of book but NOT this particular book. If it doesn't ring true...why waste the time reading. And this author did not "ring true".

    Hi Rumpy, That's interesting what you thought of the book when you first read it. And btw, it still seems to be a popular book, after all these years. From my perspective, having had several experiences/interactions with the other side over the years; this book/story not only seemed phoney, it also made me angry. I think it's scamming of the very worst kind.

    Hi Brian, Got it! ;<)

    Thanks for stopping in, G :<)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read parts of this book but it didn't ring true for me either. It seemed so phoney and unbelievable. Sad that some people are taken in by author's like this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read Embraced by the Light...her experience was unique to her and she shared it. I don't think life stands in one position waiting for us to move it..I think life happens and in her world this happened. We can take it with a grain of salt or we can call it a "hoax"..Jesus was considered a hoax too.. I think it had information we can learn from..Love is supreme. I happen to believe its true because it was her account and who are we to say it wasnt so?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Geraldine. Betty will live on as one of history's most inspiring techers long after you are dead and buried. Millions have read her books. I suggest ego gets in your way. Hopefully very few will read your review or take it seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Joe, I agree, on all counts.

    Hi Diana, Thanks for your comment on this book. For so many reasons as I've already mentioned in my review, this author did not seem credible. Of course, to many people her story seemed believable. Each to their own.

    Hi Ando, You have a very strong opinion on this, that's obvious. I'm not alone in considering this book unbelievable. Lots of negative reviews elsewhere online about this book. But if it makes you happy and you enjoyed it, great. You're not alone with that opinion either.

    Thanks for stopping in and commenting, G

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visits and feedback! :<)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...