Saturday, November 19, 2011

20 Great Gift Suggestions with Reviews (and all under $20 too!)

The
first of
December
brought thoughts
of Christmas magic.
The Day, so soon to arrive.
Our expectations ran high.
Through snow days and blizzards.
Making a list and checking it twice.
Santa's letter printed and ready to mail.
Christmas baking: heady, wonderful aromas.
Pageants at school, with costumes of many colors.
The tall lush evergreen, centerpiece of the season.
We decorated so carefully; each bough lovingly adorned.
With some old, some new, every one used and none forgotten.
The long days of dark December. Finally, homework complete.
Sitting in the darkened living room; time alone to drift away.
Marvelling at the masterpiece of lights and shining ornaments.
Gazing far beyond to the bliss to follow. Hurry, hurry, hurry!
Christmas eve: midnight mass and carolling.Treats aplenty!
Then the long awaited, special treasures.
The secrets of shining boxes and ribbons.
Finally revealed and always worth the wait.
Off to sleep, to dream of a perfect snowy Christmas Day.
Now content, to still remember these childhood memories.
On
this
November day.
                                           


Ahhh...a little trip down Christmas memory lane to begin this post!

 I wrote this poem a few years ago on a cold November day. It always brings to mind the magic of the holidays....family, friends, snowy days, festive treats, fun times and of course great gifts!!!

I thought with the Holiday Season just around the corner, that it was a perfect time to share a holiday gift suggestion list featuring some of my favorite products/books I've reviewed at My Real Life Reviews.

Priced right too, all are less than $20!  :<)

***

Gift suggestions include links to reviews and ordering options. 
                                  



Books, always a great gift ! These are some of my favorites
                     



Down & Dirty Gardening Book by Ellen Zachos
                                        
                                   

              
                              
One Yard Wonders by Rebecca Yaker and Patricia Hoskins


                      

Not Just for Vegetarians by Geraldine Hartman

Blush, blush...what can I say.
On sale at a great price. And reviews I enjoyed very much! ;<)




                        
On Writing by Stephen King





Best Staged Plans by Claire Cook





John Lennon & the Mercy Street Cafe by William Hammett





Pampering gifts and some beautiful bling!



Just Pure Minerals Vegan Lipstick




Erzulie Eye Depuffer Balm





Badger Foot Balm





Live Clean Argan Oil Hair Mask




Stacy Garrett Jewelry Designs




Some yummy gift basket/stocking stuffer additions



                 

Green & Black's Organic Chocolate Bars



CafLib Organic Blend Grain Beverage



Crofter's Organic Just Fruit Spread





Thoughtful, unique and inspiring choices!




Lumosity.com




The Seven Year Pen



Botanical Paperworks



KnitPicks Shine Worsted Yarn




For the Felines and Canines On Your List.
A Couple of Mr. Cheddar Suggestions:




Zuke's Hip Action Cat/Dog Treats

                


SlimCat Exerciser/Toy

(good for canines too!)



                                           

Happy, Happy Holidays...  savor every moment!
                                 

Link to the original poetry post with comments.

12 comments:

  1. Love the poem! And the suggestions too. Woo wooo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sisko is going to love those glucosamine treats...in more ways than one! Thanks for the recommendations, and for including me on your list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geraldine,
    I love this poem!It is very evocative of the wonder of Christmas for a child, and I like the tree shape. It's amazing to me that you put the poem in this shape.
    All the suggestions for gift giving are nice!
    Thanks, for good suggestions for gift giving, all at reasonable prices!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your recommendations sell many products to me. Thanks for these.

    Your graphic poem is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your poem is wonderful. And great ideas for reasonably priced gifts, something for everyone. Some unique ideas here too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rumpy, I'm so glad you enjoyed it all!

    Hi Ellen, Mr. Cheddar LOVES the Zuke's treats, I'm sure Sisko will too. I was happy to include your great gardening book on my list. Love it!

    Hi Brenda, I love re-reading this poem too. I was rather pleased with how it turned out. I hope you find the gift suggestions helpful too.

    Hi SandyC, Great to read this Sandy! And thanks for the complement about the poem. They call these "concrete" poems too btw.

    Hi Joe, Thanks dear. I tried to put together a good mix here. Glad you enjoyed my Christmas poem too.

    Happy Holidays! G :<)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Books do indeed make fine gift. Very cool that your own is among them. Your graphic poem is .. perfectly trimmed and brightly decorated. Fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved your poem G and some great things there for a great price!
    Thank you for sharing and for visiting today!
    I'm doing okay, thank you!

    Hugs

    Margie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gee, I could just stop at books but then I saw the pen and paper.

    So nice of you to create this list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a pen and paper gal and If I could oh would I ever, I'm sorry I am flat broke...oh well it's the season anyhoo I loved your poem Christmas is my favourite of all and I wish that Icould be a millionnaire for just a couple of days so that I could shower my family and all my friends with all the best and plenty of Christmas..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Hilary, I'm glad you enjoyed my Christmas poem. I agree about the books, one of my all time fav gifts to give and to receive. And yes, it is kinda fun to be on this list too. :<) Cookbooks are books that keep on being enjoyed and for a long time!

    Hi Margie, I'm glad you're doing ok, take care Margie. So glad you could stop in!

    Hi Teri, I know you are a big-time pen and book-lover too Teri. I hope some of these are just what you're looking for this holiday season. I was happy to make this list. And yes, I did check it twice LOL! :<)

    Hi Lorraine, Gift giving has always been one of my true joys in life. I love to find (or make) the perfect gift for someone I care about. And of course, giving of our time too can be a gift as well. It's all good.

    We've finally got snow here in Interior BC. It is starting to look a lot like Christmas out there.

    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visits and feedback! :<)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...