Friday, August 30, 2013

How I Made Over $42,000 in 1 Month, Selling My Kindle eBooks by Cheryl Kaye Tardif

 
 

During the past few months, I've read a LOT of ebook marketing guides. Some good and some not so good. And all too often, guides that were just an excuse for an author's own self-promotion.
 
The best eBook marketing guide that I've found to date is by Canadian novelist extraordinaire:
 
Cheryl Kaye Tardif:
 
 
 
Cheryl is a best-selling author with a large and loyal international following of readers. She knows what works and what doesn't, when it comes to eBook marketing. And there is a lot to learn. I'm finding that out, as I continue along with my own eBook journey.  
 
 
Her guide is filled with practical and doable suggestions, how indie authors can best use their time, to get their eBooks noticed online and moving up the charts.
 
The information is provided in a concise and well-organized manner; not just a lot of rambling tips and tidbits that can be found all too often in other eBook marketing guides.
 
 
Cheryl has been an author for many years, first with traditional, print publishing and now as a best-selling eBook author. She has published 12 eBooks and 9 print books, to date.
 
Stop by Cheryl's site to find out more about all her books and her amazing rise to the top of the eBook publishing lists at Amazon and other major book sites. I'm currently reading her beautiful novel: Whale Song and just love it so far!
 
 
What a appreciate most about this guide is that Cheryl's personality comes through ever word.
She is a down-to-earth, gutsy and outspoken woman who shares her own publishing story in an honest and upfront way. She not only talks about her many successes in eBook publishing but also the lean years and the countless hours spent on tweaking her own marketing plans and coming up with what worked and what didn't.
 
This guide cuts through so much of the "fluff" out there on the topic of eBook marketing and gives the reader realistic and not too time-consuming suggestions to get their own books launched and moving forward.
 
 
Some of the chapters in this eBook include:
 
-Chapter 2: Fake It 'til You Make It!
 
-Chapter 6: My KDP Select Experiment
 (FYI: KDP stands for Kindle Direct Publishing)
 
-Chapter 19: Do You Know Where Your Readers Are?
 
-Chapter 21: All the World's A-twitter
 
to name but a few of the topics discussed in this guide.
 
 
 
If you are an indie author just starting out or perhaps are further along in your publishing journey but still in need of some marketing ideas that REALLY work; check Cheryl Tardif's wonderful eBook marketing guide out today.
 
 
Overall rating for this book: Excellent. 5 out of 5.
 



14 comments:

  1. I wish it for you imagine you could buy a house, and wouldn't that be a blessing....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The house will happen but not where we live right now. I know where I want to be in the future and it's not BC. Soon...

      Thanks for your good wishes L.

      Delete
  2. Many thanks for those handy tips. Now all I need is to talk myself into finishing that damned novel! :-)

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a guide you won't want to miss if you have almost completed your novel. And DO get it done, you'll be so proud of yourself. Such a great feeling! :<)

      Delete
  3. Geraldine, first I want to thank you for such a wonderful review. Your words mean a lot to me and I am honored and also very happy that you found this book to be helpful. This was the first time I publicized my own sales and numbers, and that is a vulnerable place to be, but I so much wanted to help other authors find direction in their KDP Select marketing. I also use many of these same strategies to launch a new book that's not even on Select, and it definitely increases my numbers.

    One small clarification: I have 12 ebooks and 9 trade paperbacks out. Perseverance and dedication will take you a long way in this business. So get your books out there, promote them hard and never give up! :-)

    Cheryl Kaye Tardif
    http://www.cherylktardif.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl, How nice of you to stop by! I'm glad you enjoyed my review (all true!!) and my apologies re: the book/ebook counts. Thanks for clarifying that.

      My promotions are all going well, due in no small part to the great suggestions I got from reading your ebook.

      The Groovy Green Kitchen broke through the top 1000 ebooks at Amazon.com the other day (for all categories!) so not too shabby. ;<)

      I know it's a constant, for all types of book promotion but it helps when you aren't wasting time on things that don't work. Your guide helped to clarify what does and doesn't. As I said above, yours is the best ebook marketing guide I've read to date. Thanks again for sharing your expertise.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a good guide for authors. Happy ou found her and her good advice. Now I have to go find her book, Whale Song. Sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Long time no see Teri, thanks for stopping by! :<)

      Delete
  5. I'm glad this marketing ebook was so helpful; sounds like an excellent resource. Great review, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me too! I'm glad you liked this review. It was my pleasure to write it. :<)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's nice to hear about a book that actually lives up to the title. There are so many that don't.

    Congrats on your e-book, that's great.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly does!

      It's actually eBookS Jen. LOL...more to come too.

      I'm in a very creative zone right now. Love it!

      Happy Week to All, G

      Delete
  8. This looks like an interesting read. I love my Nook....fun to have books downloaded to read at any time! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much LD! Glad you enjoyed it. Aren't ereaders the best?

      Delete

Thank you for your visits and feedback! :<)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...