Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Burt's Bees Shea Butter Hand Repair Cream

I'm always on the look-out for good hand and foot care products. For the most part, I have relatively normal skin on my face and body but when it comes to the hands and feet there's never enough moisturizer to be had!

Being a fan of many of Burt's Bees products, I was happy to try this Shea Butter Hand Repair Cream, which I recently purchased for the first time, on a shopping trip at our local mall.

Well, there's good news and bad news on this one.

The good news: Burt's Bees Shea Butter Hand Repair Cream does the job when it comes to moisturizing and repairing dry, cracked skin. I tried it on my hands and feet too, it really did leave them feeling softer and smoother, after only a couple of applications. So that's all good. I like products that do what they say they will do and deliver.

The bad news, this product smells TRES WEIRD!

 The first thing that came to mind was the bug spray RAID!!! Not that I have any of that around the house but it's a "scent" from childhood days that I've never forgotten. Back then, everyone was spraying chemicals (it seemed) on plants and around the house and RAID was a favorite product. Yuck!!!! I didn't like it then and I certainly don't like a similar smell in a hand cream.

The scent of this did wear off after about an hour so that was good but initially pppp...uuuu!!!!

So, if you can get past the initial "fragrance" of this hand cream, you might want to give it a try. But there are other products out there that work, that smell good right from the get go. One that comes to mind is Burt's Bee Foot Creme that I reviewed previously and still like.
                                
I'm giving this product a 3 for doing what it's suppose to do but with reservations, due to the fragrance.

Overall rating for this product: Good. 3 out of 5. 

4 comments:

  1. I like some of Burt's Bees products, but won't buy this one. We have been using unscented things for the last couple of years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandy, I like a lot of Burt's products too, I particularly liked their lipsticks but they no longer sell cosmetics (except for lip glosses). It's strange that they would go with such a "weird" fragrance for this one. Good product, bad smell! I agree, if at all possible, unscented is the way to go but not always possible.

    Happy Shopping, G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hospital-tested! For extra dry skin. Continual moisturization, even through washing.
    Herbscity

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visits and feedback! :<)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...