Thursday, February 10, 2011

KnitPicks Shine Worsted Yarn

I am in love with this yarn!
                          
I recently knitted this lovely shrug, in KnitPicks Shine Worsted- Serrano. It came out beautifully, made in this oh so soft to the touch, worsted-weight yarn:
                                 

                                                              
                                                            



 Here are the details of this yarn, from KnitPicks :

Content: 60% Pima Cotton, 40% Modal® natural beech wood fiber
Weight: Worsted Weight
Knitting Gauge: 4.5 - 5 sts = 1" on #6 - 9 needles (4.0mm-5.5mm)
Crochet Gauge: 11–14 sc = 4" on I - K hooks (5.5 mm-6.5 mm)
Amount: 75 yards/50 gram ball
Care: Machine Washable/Tumble Dry Low

Modal® natural beech wood fiber gives high quality Pima cotton an elegant sheen and soft drape while minimizing pilling and stretching. This very appealing yarn can be used in any of your favorite designs calling for worsted weight yarn. Supremely comfortable for warm weather garments, and the easy care of machine washability fits right into your summer lifestyle. Excellent for showing off textured stitches and cables.

What do I love about this yarn?

First of all, a soft, very smooth texture that doesn't pill (I've already hand-washed and blocked this shrug). A great price (total for this shrug was less than $20 wow!!! I used 7 skeins). My kind of bargain. No dye running when I washed it, not a bit, amazing, considering the brilliant red this Serrano is. Cotton fiber mixed with the beech wood fiber makes it an interesting blend. Cotton is always my favorite when it comes to knit or crochet garments. Comfortable year round. A wonderful yarn to work with, no splitting or breaking at all, in spite of it being a blended yarn.

I will definitely be using KnitPicks Shine Worsted yarn again. It also comes in a Sport weight. See the glorious colors available. And the customer service department over at KnitPicks is wonderful too. Very prompt replies to any question I've sent to them.

Read more about this yarn with a link to the free shrug pattern over at my cooking and craft blog: Easy Lace Knit Shrug.

Overall rating for this product: Excellent. 5 out of 5.

5 comments:

  1. You make me want to use this yarn! If only I knew how.... I will have to get some for my daughter and her knitting loom. The colors you choose are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of amazed myself, making this shrug Sandy. It looks so complicated but it really wasn't, just had to keep track of the rows and Mr. Cheddar away from the yarn! A knitting loom, sounds like a plan too.

    Happy Crafting, G

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my favorite yarn of all time, it's all I ever use. However, it pills a LOT for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this thread is old, but hoping you'll see it. I'm knitting my daughter a skirt in this yarn (but in Dandelion) and I am having the worst time joining new skeins in! The Russian join I use just wants to pull right back out and even when it does manage to stay, it leaves a lump and the ends just keep coming through. I've now joined 5 skeins less than successfully. Do you have any tips for joining this yarn? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, I don't have any suggestions. I try to join yarns at ends of rows but that's not always workable. I bet the skirt will be beautiful.😊

      Delete

Thank you for your visits and feedback! :<)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...