Thursday, April 18, 2013

Terra Nostra Organic Chocolate Bar (Robust Dark, Raisins & Pecans)



 
As any of my regular readers already know, I'm a big fan of all things organic.
 
I think it's so important that we limit our consumption of additives, chemicals...as much as possible. When a product is certified organic and the certification is important, click to read more about this, it's definitely my preference.
 
 And that goes for chocolate too. One of the essentials in life, IMO! ;<)
 
 
I recently tried Terra Nostra Organic Robust Dark Raisin & Pecans Chocolate Bar for the first time and now I'm hooked!
 
This is one of the best organic chocolate bars that I have ever tasted and I've tasted quite a few.
 
 
What do I like about this chocolate bar? 
 
Where do I start...
 
- First of all, it's not overly sweet, it has an intense (but not bitter) true chocolate taste.
 
-The chocolate has a smooth, velvety texture.
 
- Lots of raisins and pecans in this one. Yumm.  A long time ago, I loved (and ate too many of) Glosette Raisins and this bar has the same, chewy texture, when you bite into the many raisins, without all the junk ingredients found in Glosettes.
 
-Certified USDA Organic, as I already mentioned.
 
-Reasonably priced: a 3.5 oz. bar sells for about $3.50 at our local food cooperative.
 
I was also impressed by this company's many initiative for equitable trade and ethical growing/harvesting practises. They have a detailed page about this at their site. Although this is becoming more and more of an industry standard, there are still too many companies that are not concerned enough to insure that their products are grown, harvested and brought to market, in a fair, ethical and equitable way, at each level.
 
 
Terra Nostra has a wide range of flavors for their organic chocolate bars including:
 
73 % Intense Dark, Double Dark Truffle, Satin Milk Truffle, Robust Dark & Roasted Almonds, Robust Dark Raisins & Pecans and Creamy Milk Raisins & Pecans.
 
Also, a  Ricemilk line for those who are vegan or lactose sensitive:
 
The Ricemilk line includes three flavors: the Solid Ricemilk Choco bar, the Ricemilk Choco bar with Almonds and the Ricemilk Choco bar with Dark Truffle Center.
 
 
I haven't tried all of these yet but definitely plan to try the Ricemilk ones in the near future. These sound like a great idea. And based on my taste experience with Terra Nostra Chocolate already, I'm guessing they'll be wonderful too. And what a plus for those who are lactose sensitive or follow a vegan diet.


Overall rating for this product: Excellent. 5 out of 5. 



18 comments:

  1. Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate...well you had me at chocolate.

    Sounds good, I will look for them.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, just as I try to forget that chocolate exists you remind me. The word 'robust' got the juices running.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robust as in packed with raisins and pecans Val, this chocolate bar really delivers the goods. ;<)

      Delete
  3. If i see it I buy it, there is this dark chocolate with Sea Salt that is quite marvelous just a hint of sea salt, but it changes everything and is delightful, although yours, kind of hard to beat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've looked at some of the sea salt chocolate bars too but since I'm trying to cut back on salt wherever I can now, these didn't appeal so much. Intriguing taste combo though.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for pointing this out. I will have to try it; the bars sound delish! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the ricemilk ones are superb too, just tried one of these today. Smooth, velvety texture and so chocolatey delish! Let me know if you try this Ruinwen, I know they are avail in the US too.

      Delete
  5. I'll have to see if these are available around here, Geraldine. I LOVE dark chocolate! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll enjoy these Talon. Try your local health food store or the natural food section at your grocery store. I'm guessing they'll stock these. If not, could probably order them.

      Delete
  6. Excellent review. And I agree, these are great chocolate bars, the best organic chocolate I've tasted to date. And the ricemilk ones are very tasty too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like everything about these bars. Definitely glad we tried them. :<)

      Delete
  7. Oh wow! Where can I get them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try your local health food store Rumpy or online at Amazon (these are in multi pks. there). Yumm!!!

      Delete
  8. Thanks for sharing these and for stopping by my blog. I will have to look for these at the natural food stores here.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always great to find a new and interesting blog to visit. :<) Let me know if you give these a try Laura.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Make mine dark and organic with lots of nuts and or fruit added and I'm a happy camper. I steer away from non-organic chocolate these days, after what I've read about it. Scary stuff. :<(

      Delete

Thank you for your visits and feedback! :<)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...