Friday, March 16, 2012

Nature Clean Pure-Sensitive Shampoo and Conditioner

                                      

I've tried a lot of shampoos and conditioners over the years. I recently tested: Nature Clean: Pure-Sensitive Shampoo and Conditioner and I have been happy with the results.

My hair tends to be frizzy when the humid or rainy days arrive. With Nature Clean Pure-Sensitive it's been "behaving" a lot better, even when the weather isn't LOL. I've also noted that my hair tends to stay cleaner for a day or two longer now. Easy to style. And there is no scent (at all!) in these two products; I appreciate that too.

I switched to  "natural" types of shampoos and conditioners (whenever possible) many years ago. Some are better than others when it comes to ingredients, performance, scent...On all counts, I feel good about using Nature Clean Pure-Sensitive Shampoo and Conditioner. One addition I would like to see: a line of "organics" for their skin and hair care products.

The natural cosmetic/hair-care industry is growing by the day. Consumers ARE questioning not just what they are eating now but also what they are ingesting through their skin, hair, lungs...it all adds up. It all impacts our health.  At the same time, products still have to work well and get the job done!

In terms of ingredients for Nature Clean Pure-Sensitive Shampoo and Conditioner and the 99% plus claim of "natural"; I did some research online recently. One by one, I checked the ingredients in the shampoo. All acceptable (some very good) from what I read in terms of safety, biodegradability... and without the use of parabens,sulphates, fragrance, dyes and other questionable ingredients.

Stop by the Nature Clean website to read more about their complete product line that includes household cleaners, personal care, laundry care and much more.

I don't think there is such a thing as an absolutely "pure" shampoo or conditioner that would actually work. But from what I've found out about Nature Clean products, they are doing a good job of providing both. Products that are free of so many of the ingredients that consumers are being advised to avoid without compromising on how they perform.


By way of comparison, here's the ingredient list for:

 Nature Clean Pure-Sensitive Shampoo- "Ingredients: Water/Eau/Aqua, Cocoglucoside, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Caprylyl/Capryl Glucoside, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Sapindus Mukurossi Peel Extract, Chondrus Chrispus (Carageenan), Citric Acid, Beta-Glucan, Bisabolol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate."
                          



And for another popular and top-rated  "pure and natural" shampoo:

 
L'Oreal EverPure Smooth Shampoo Rosemary and Juniper-"Aqua/Water/Eau, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Distearate, Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Glycereth 26, Decyl Glucoside, Parfum/Fragrance, Polyquaternium 7, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Amodimethicone, Polyquaternium 10, Methylparaben, PEG 55 Propylene Glycol Oceate, Propylene Glycol, Carbomer, C11 15 Pareth 7, Benzophenone 3, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexylcinnamal, Glycerin Trideceth 12, Laureth 9, C12 13 Pareth 23, Linalool, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), C12 13 Pareth 3, Limonene, Benzyl Alcohol, Juniperus Communis Fruit Oil, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Oil (Rosemary), Methylisothiazolinone, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid"

 
You be the judge.

Lovely name, L'Oreal but....I'm not impressed! 

 
This is just one of many examples of questionable "pure and natural" haircare products that I've checked out online. I'm so thankful for ingredient lists and the Internet too. Companies and their products have to be accountable now if they expect to survive and grow.

As is usually the case: Buyer beware. It's so worth it to be an informed, savvy shopper.

We send a clear message to companies with every dollar spent!



Overall rating for these products: Very Good. 4 out of 5.

8 comments:

  1. Excellent review. I've used this shampoo and conditioner too and they do work well. Better than most brands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does sound like a product I would like to try.
    I have to say that I admire the look of their containers, nice colours.
    I have been using another shampoo reviewed by you awhile ago, and I was pleased, so will need to check this one out as well, perhaps when I run out. :)
    Have a good weekend Geraldine!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joe, One of the best shampoo/conditioner combos I've ever used.

    Hi Brenda, I'm curious, what was the other shampoo you tried, that I reviewed? I think you'd like NC products too.

    Hi Rumpy, Yes, they are. If you stop by the NC site you can read more about their policies including no animal testing.

    Happy Weekend, G :<)

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS: Found this page I thought I'd share re: NC policies:

    http://www.naturecleanliving.com/our_commitment

    it matters, I agree Rumpy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Geraldine,
    I have now used Live Clean Argan shampoo and conditioner, and also tried their Argan Restorative Conditioning Mask, which you reviewed here. (You didn't actually review the Argan shampoo, I know). I liked these, and now am trying Live Clean "Bali Oil" Smoothing shampoo and conditioner. I have thick, hair which can be rough and dull, and it works well with my hair type. I like these products because they are reasonably priced, and seem like a good product. I actually like their fragrance, but perhaps no scent is better - less additives maybe.I'll need to look for the NC shampoo.
    Thanks for dropping by my blog, and leaving a comment today.
    BFN,
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. A head of hair that is no longer thick and luscious will really ruin your day and your life and this will not going to happen now as i had found a complete solution for it

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visits and feedback! :<)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...