Saturday, September 10, 2011

Kashi Organic Cinnamon Harvest Cereal




I'm not a big fan of most types of cereal but once in a while, kind of like "it's gotta be KD" I do crave a bowl,  especially the shredded wheat types. And it's definitely got to be a cereal without a lot of added sugar and other unhealthy ingredients.


On a recent shopping trip, I noted a new cereal from Kashi: Organic Cinnamon Harvest and thought I'd give it a try. The photo on the box showed a bowl of small, tempting squares of golden shredded wheat. And when it comes to all things cinnamon, I'm a believer. I love it!


Turning to the side of the cereal box I was also pleased to note this very short list of ingredients:

Organic whole grain wheat, organic evaporated cane juice, organic cinnamon, natural flavor.


That was it! My kind of ingredient list. If you've been checking out cereal boxes lately, you'll already know that even a lot of so-called "healthier" choices available are still an ingredient nightmare. Sugar, sugar and more sugar in all it's cleverly-worded forms. Colors, additives. BHT added to the packaging for freshness.... NO THANKS!



How did it taste? Maaarvelous darling, just marvelous! A definite cinnamon boost (and not artificial tasting either) in every bite. Lightly sweetened, not over the top. And oh so crunchy good.

This cereal is a keeper. I'm guessing it would also appeal to a lot of finicky eaters (ie: kids) who may be in the process of getting weaned off some of the junkier cereals that are still standard fare for so many families. Give this one a try. It really is different and it really is good.

I've tried some of Kashi granola type bars in the past and I was not impressed. I'm glad I gave this cereal a try though. And I'll certainly be buying more when this box is empty. Actually it's already almost empty, sigh...

If you stop by the Kashi website to read more about this cereal and all there products, it's a bit tricky to find all the cereals they have available. Click on the brown button/scroll bar across the top of the cereals shown and it will take you to the next set of choices. Kashi, ya gotta work on that! Not a good way to display your products to the best advantage.

BFN.I'm heading to the kitchen to fill up a bowl with Kashi Organic Cinnamon Harvest. Yummm...
                         

Overall rating for this product: Excellent. 5 out of 5.

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic, oh yes I would love it.....tell me dear G. mme reviewer, is there any way to get from one blog to the next without having to return to the main one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have enjoyed a few Kashi cereals, but haven't seen this one. It does sound good, and I'll be looking for it next time I shop!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like cereal but not the overly sweetened types. This is a very good product. It has a distinctive cinnamon flavor and it is sweetened just right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lorraine, I think you will love it! And I explained re: the links over at your blog.

    Hi Brenda, I'm not a fan of some of their cereals but I'm certainly glad I gave this one a try. The cinnamon was the clincher. ;<)

    Hi Joseph, That is the problem with so many cereals, very, very sweet and not much else by way of taste. This cereal is definitely not in that category.

    Thanks for stopping by, G

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't had this one (we do have it here) but, for some reason, I don't care for cinnamon in cereal. Strange, too, I love it it in breads.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi SandyL, I don't usually like cinnamon-flavored cereal either but this one is so good. It doesn't have that "artificial" taste that some flavored cereals have. If you try this one, let me know what you think. We just restocked the cupboard with a big box here. LOL

    Cheers, G

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're giving away a package of the latest Kashi products including the Cinnamon Cereal! Enter on our Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/carrotlines). More details on our blog: http://carrotlines.wordpress.com/2012/02/17/win-kashi-for-my-pantry/

    Hope to connect with you all on Facebook and Twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw this box of cereal on clearance at Wal-mart and thought for under 2 bucks - why not try something new. I am with you. LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visits and feedback! :<)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...