Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Smartfood White Cheddar Cheese Flavoured Popcorn



I'm a big fan of popcorn! Love, love love popcorn.

For the most part, I make homemade, using either an air-popper or the Stir-Crazy Popcorn Popper, we recently purchased and I reviewed a while ago here.

But sometimes, I'm feeling too lazy to actually make the popcorn.  And when it comes to the Stir-Crazy Popper it's not a lot of fun cleaning this popper, after use. I'd rather be reading or watching a movie LOL. Then there's the cheesy-factor! That can be a consideration too.

So in between healthy air-popped popcorn with a pinch of sea salt  and the fluorescent-orange  commercial cheesie-type products available ;<)  I've found Smartfood White Cheddar Cheese Flavoured Popcorn
                       

This popcorn snack  has a fresh, pleasant, almost "just-popped" taste.

Just enough cheese-flavour to satisfy THAT craving.

Click here to read the full ingredient list for this popcorn. I'm loving that  2 cups is less than 200 calories (and 2 C. IS quite generous I think) and that the sodium content is acceptable too, for a snack. Almost guilt-free munching!

A couple of  things that come to mind that I think would make this an even better product. Organic would be great, if this company should decide to come up with another choice for Smartfood Popcorn. And I do think the sodium could be reduced a bit too. Again, another option they might want to consider, adding a low-sodium version.

But as it is right now, Smartfood Popcorn is certainly a lot better choice than most of the commercial snacks similar to this, that are available. And certainly better than a bag of greasy, salt-laden potato chips. Those I don't eat, ever!

If you've been looking for a quick popcorn snack to pour and enjoy on movie night or anytime, you might want to give Smartfood White Cheddar Cheese Flavoured Popcorn a try.

 If you love popcorn and cheese, you will enjoy this snack. Happy Munching!


Overall rating for this product: Very Good. 4 out of 5.

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE this product!! Yummy cheezy popcorn and kudos to ya to be able to stop at 2 cups!!!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a healthy, tasty treat!
    I will look for it!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this popcorn too. It has a great taste and is better than most of the similar snacks available.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cathy, Well I don't always stop at 2C, but sometimes LOL. :<)

    Hi Brenda, It is very tasty. Let me know if you like it.

    Hi Joe, It is a lot better choice than some of the commercial snacks currently available. Hopefully, that's a trend that will continue. Apparently legislation in Canada is on the way, re: vending machines in schools and what will be allowed to be sold in them. A good place to start.

    Happy Thursday, G

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing to do with the Cheddar name, eh, Geraldine?

    I love this stuff too--and I generally loathe popcorn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen loves this stuff too! I think she should share. Don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. i also enjoy this brand of popcorn. i had a bag just this past sunday. and now, seeing it here, i want some for breakfast:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi SandyC, Yes, that does add to the appeal! ;<) Mr. Cheddar enjoys a tiny portion of this snack at times too. Very tiny! LOL How can you loathe popcorn dear Sandy? I thought everyone loved it LOL.

    Hi Rumpy, I definitely think Jen should share. Ask nicely!!!!

    Hi Ed, My kind of guy. Popcorn for breakfast sounds great. Right up there with cold pizza!

    Waiting for the snow to fall here...how about where you are?

    Have a great weekend, G :<)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visits and feedback! :<)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...