Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Mortal Faults by Michael Prescott


 
After recently reading the ebook: Kindle Success Stories by Tom Corson Knowles which included a chapter about novelist: Michael Prescott's phenomenal success with Kindle ebooks; I decided to find out more about Michael's work.
 
I am not (and in a big way) a person who normally reads crime thrillers but I decided to give: Mortal Faults by Michael Prescott a try. I think it's fun to get out of my usual comfort zone when it comes to book genres but for that to happen, it's got to be a story that captures and keeps my attention right from the first page.
 
Michael Prescott did not disappoint!
 
 
From the Amazon product page:
 
A one-woman private operative, Abby Sinclair stalks the stalkers. Her new client is a U.S. congressman shadowed by a mystery woman believed to be a disgruntled ex-employee. He wants her stopped. What Abby doesn't know is that FBI agent Tess McCallum is already on the case. Now, despite vowing never to work together again, Abby and Tess have been partnered in a deadly game. And this is a case that takes one surprising turn after another-because there's more to the story than anyone knows.

 
 
I couldn't put this book down!
 
Michael Prescott keeps a fast, blood-pumping pace throughout this story. He is an excellent writer and shows real skill in all areas of what it takes to make a story compelling: believable characters, crisp dialogue, meticulous attention to detail and a plot that is entertaining right to the last page.
 
And speaking of the last page, there are no loose ends at the end of this story. All is revealed and wrapped up, in a complete and satisfying way. I appreciate that. Something where many authors (even the big names) seem to fall short.
 
Michael Prescott is the author of numerous novels (available in print and ebook formats) you can check them all out at his website.
 
I'm trying to decide what to read next. But I will definitely be reading more Michael Prescott's novels and soon!
 
 
Overall rating for this book: Excellent. 5 out of 5.


11 comments:

  1. cool...i have read some michael prescott and have enjoyed them, but dont think i have read this one...will have to check it out...and i def like trying new genres as well...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it fun to find a book in a genre you normally wouldn't read but end up loving? That doesn't happen to much for me but it this case it certainly did. Let me know if you read this book Brian.

      Delete
  2. Excellent review. This is another book added to my list that I want to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The reading list continues to grow, I can so relate! ;<) Especially now that I've got a Kindle.

      Delete
  3. I like being able to 'solve' the case, or try to, so I am going to give this one a whirl. Name and author noted so hey ho, it's off to Amazon I go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow thank you there is nothing I love more than detective series I gobble them up like nothing else although in the summer I tend to read easy going Barbara Delinsky, Diane Chamberlain, and Susan Elizabeth Phillips which even though is romantic has me laughing so hard I cry so I'm glad to hear about him and hope it's part of a series, I may just have a new series to read...I like good old fashion mystery and crime and investigation not big on serial killers when they describe what he does, there is enough yuk in the world don't need it in a book...ooph that was long...it's funny the meditation book, I noticed that it can't help me restore my nervous system because it's too late because I've been sick all my my life and refused to take pills until my nervous system failed I did not know that is was possible, so it's too late if I had started this at 12 or 14 I'm pretty sure my life would have been completely different. But on a very positive note these Meditations are helping me to accept where I am and would you believe I've started feeling at home in my apt like I haven't in so long, those are powerful meditations, so thank you...always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads up about these authors Lorraine, I'll keep them in mind when I get caught up (yeah right!) with my reading pile.

      it's great when we can feel at home, within ourselves and our home environment. all the best with those meditations. For me, I don't know what I'd do without yoga, it's a lifesaver when it comes to distressing. I'm doing even more sessions these days and I find it so helpful.

      Delete
  5. I looked at our library site, but they don't carry it..but who knows maybe one day.

    Sounds great.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I am glad that I checked out your yoga DVD review...won't get that one.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Speaking of yoga Jen, I've got 2 (positive) reviews coming up on that subject. I'm a big yoga fan as you might have read here already, up to 5 sessions again now and loving it. Stay tuned! :<)

      Delete

Thank you for your visits and feedback! :<)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...