Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Kiss My Face Olive & Honey Soap

This will be a short review as there isn't much to say about this soap except:
 
DON'T BUY IT!
 
 
Kiss My Face Olive & Honey Soap has a pleasant fragrance.
 
A short, acceptable ingredient list:
 
Saponified Olive Oil, Water, Sodium Chloride, Honey, Fragrance
 
It comes in a generous sized 230 gr. bar and locally here in BC, I bought a bar for about $3.
 
All good. So why am I advising not to buy this soap?
 
In a word, this soap bar turns into one big, messy BLOB as soon as you wet it and start to use it.
 
And I mean a REAL MESS. Slimy, gooey...are you getting the picture?
 
 It really was disgusting to use.
 
Luckily, I was able to return it to the store where I bought it for a full refund, explaining to the manager there how unacceptable this product was.
 
The soap is also a very ugly brownish color adding to the "yuck factor" after it got wet. Definitely NOT pretty in the soap dish. LOL
 
I like using more natural hand/bath soaps without a lot of  unnecessary and potentially harmful ingredients added to them, which are absorbed in part, through the skin. The color they are is not a big concern either. I don't like anything that is brightly- colored, using artificial dyes.  
 
But the soap still has to be relatively pleasing to use.
 
Kiss My Face Olive & Honey Soap fails in that respect, big time!
 
Overall rating for this product: Unsatisfactory. 1 out of 5.


13 comments:

  1. I hate mushy soap! I also dislike soap that cracks after a few washes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent review. This soap does turn into a big messy blob after it's wet. I agree, don't buy this soap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a big messy blob, that's the only way to describe it.

      Delete
  3. Love to hear about great products, and not so great products...

    I will avoid this soap for sure.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had hoped this would be a good soap choice. I've used some of their shampoos and liked them but they fell short of the mark big time, with these soaps (I'm assuming the other fragrances in this line are probably just as bad).

      Delete
  4. What would we do without you...buy yukky stuff xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah well that stinks, cool name, nice smell....and makes a mess...ha....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did have a nice fragrance, the ingredient list as I said, short and no added junk but that wasn't enough to make it a good soap product. I'll share some better ones here when I can. I've got a LOT of review products and books stacked up, waiting to write up! ;<)

      Delete
  6. Ewwww! That sounds pretty gross! Glad you could get a refund.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ewwww...indeed! I was glad to get a refund too. :<)

      Delete
    2. I use this soap and have no problems with messy, mushy soap. But I also use a soap dish that has "fingers" the soap sits on and allows water to drip out the bottom of the dish so it doesn't sit in water. I think that is most likely the issue this woman is having - the soap is sitting in water. It is worth spending a couple extra $'s to get the dish that saves it because the soap itself is the bomb in my book. I love it!!

      Delete

Thank you for your visits and feedback! :<)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...